Buffalo’s Spot Light on Talent

Buffalo’s Spot Light on Talent
by

So for the past five Tuesdays I’ve been heading to Buffalo Wings & Rings (either Abdoun or Jabal Amman) to attend the Spot Light on Talent that kicks off at 8:00 pm on weekly basis, and needless to say I never leave disappointed. I can easily say that 80% of the time, I am impressed with the talents that are showcased on the Buffalo Stage, and well the other 20% are not major disappointments, they are just talents that I think go by and are ok, nothing drastic.

BWRSLOTThe talents that range from solo singers, acoustic performances, live bands, illusionist, comedians, to pretty much anything you can think of are an encouragement from Buffalo Wings and Rings to support local Talents. Buffalo has been doing so for almost three years now, by encouraging local musicians to take on the Buffalo stage and entertain diners. Spot Light on Talent aims to shed the spot light on local talents that haven’t been given the opportunity or the environment to perform anywhere before.

The Spot Light on Talent will be running for three more weeks, before announcing the winners in the final round on Feb 4th, so if you think you have a talent that will impress, or know someone who does, go ahead and encourage them to take place in this one of a kind opportunity, by registering their talent here: http://buff.ly/1bk1IPi

Of course Buffalo Wings and Rings are not your typical host who would put together any talent show without thinking it through, so here is what you need to know about the mechanics.

Participants who register online through the Buffalo page (http://buff.ly/1bk1IPi) will be called into perform on the Buffalo stage on one of these Tuesday nights, in which each performance will be live streamed for people who are not at the store to watch live (you can register to watch the live stream here http://on.fb.me/19swicW.

Every Thursday the footage from the performances are uploaded to the Buffalo Wings and Rings Facebook page, where participants are encouraged to get their friends, family, fans, etc… to vote for them. Voting lasts for a duration of two weeks per performance, and weights a total of 30% of the performers overall score. The other 70% is based on judges votes, which are filled in during the show and submitted to the organizers who will be calculating the overall score for all performances, and will be able to announce the top three winners.

Of course, since it’s a talent show after all, and there are winners, there should be worthwhile prizes, which are listed below for your reference:

1st Prize: Trip for 2 people to Athens courtesy of JETTravel alongside JD 1,000 and a chance to perform at Buffalo Wings & Rings in 2014 courtesy of Buffalo Wings & Rings

2nd Prize: Trip for 2 to Istanbul courtesy of JETTravel

3rd Prize: Huawei Mobile Device presented by Huawei Jordan

Huawei Jordan are also offering an Android mobile device for the most influential tweep to tweet using the hashtag #BWRTalent throughout the duration of the contest!

Well, I know for a fact that I can’t sing, and I’m honestly unable to crack any jokes, so if you are talented, or know someone who has a talent, go ahead and tell them about Spot Light on Talent! If there was only a prize for a sleepless blogger out there

Lights Out Y’all

Lara

 

 

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS
Share

Director of Digital Marketing Strategy by Day, Blogger by Night. Mother to my lovely Hana and a food addict.

Recommended Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe By Email for Updates.
Email
Print