Life is Good Award :)
Roba Assi of And Far Away [http://andfaraway.net/] has presented me with the “The Life is Good Award”. As it turns out, the award is actually a scanned retro Hallmark greeting card, which I think is awesome and well, a surprise that I wasn’t exactly expecting to be presented with.
The greeting card comes with some questions that have got me to think, add more sleepless hours into my life and well, here it goes:
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren’t anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
When I first started I started anonymously, I even signed off the footer of my blogs with – Sleepless in Amman, with a few friends knowing about it. Three weeks after I kicked off Sleepless in Amman on WordPress.com I decided I liked blogging and moved to a domain, that was the end of blogging Anonymously for me. While many don’t really know anything beyond Sleepless in Amman is a girl called “Lara” – many chose to over-share their stories about me. Lol
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side
I don’t think am stubborn, and I won’t even discuss the possibility that I am.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
This might sound a bit cheesy or corny or whatever, but I see someone who can make a big change when I look into the mirror (usually to wash my face when I wake up). For what it’s worth the few moments of clarity are paved with hell as soon as I run the ignition of my car, and I think, its too hard to make a difference in today’s world, and for what its worth, let someone else do it.
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Cook, I love cooking.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
My list is endless – it’s going to be a long journey.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
None. I was the socialable person, I wasn’t an over achiever, but not a slack, I love being moderate.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
Many things that I wouldn’t want to bring to my blog – sorry
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?
I blog because I enjoy writing, I try not to share my personal life with the entire world, but I find comfort in writing my thoughts, regardless of whom or what am referring to.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read – I would go for reading any given day, plus, I am on the phone for so many hours a day, I think I can use some offline time to read.
March 10, 2017
October 08, 2016
August 27, 2016