I know part of me doesn’t blog anymore, and that’s mainly because the whole situation in Jordan is unstable, and personally speaking, I hate being political, as a matter of fact I hate having an opinion with what’s going on now a days, which is why I feel that my blog has been neglected. But recently I quit my job to work from home, and that has given me the chance to experiment with one of my favorite hobbies, COOKING, although frankly I hate doing the dishes.
So I figured, where is the harm in sharing what I love the most, seeing as my best cooking inspirations are those dishes whipped at night. So here it goes, my first recipe to shared on my sleepless blog.
- 4 bags of Nachos Chips (Flavor of your choice)
- 1 Bag of Mexican Cheese (I use Heritage four cheese Mexican cheese, any four cheese mix will do)
- 1 Sour Cream Can
- Jalapenos (According to taste)
- 1 table spoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped (I use the food processor, just don’t let it go for more than a few seconds or else it turns watery and soggy)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 table spoon oregano
- 1/2 tea spoon garlic powder
- 1 small jar tomato paste ( رب البندورة )
- Guacamole (see ingredients & directions below)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoe
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilnatro
- juice of 1 medium sized lemon
Mash the Avocado’s using a form, add the ingredients (except cilantro) and mix very well. Add Cilantro at last and mix again.
Directions for Making Nachos
Add the onion and tomato to a frying fan with heated vegetable oil and toss around for about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic powder, oregano, and kidney beans, and leave on low heat for 10 minutes or until the salsa starts boiling. Turn off heat and set aside.
Place Nacho chips in a pyrex, top with salsa and cheese. Place in the oven (At 180 degrees) between 7 – 10 minutes or until cheese has fully melted and coated the chips.
Take the Nachos out of the oven, top with the fresh guacamole and sour cream, then serve.
I had made this for a few friends, and they loved the home-made combination, it’s safe I didn’t even have to invite them for seconds!
Let me know if you’ve tried it! Sa7teeen!
June 08, 2017
June 02, 2017